AbbVie Operations Singapore Pte Ltd
Senior Analyst, Global Trade Compliance
Job Nature : Perm
Position Level : Experienced
Qualification : Bachelor's / Honours,Masters / PhD
- Perform importing/exporting operational activities and communicate directly with site’s customs broker to resolve day-to-day issues that may result in border delays.
- Conduct training and be focal contact to local affiliates on matters concerning import and export compliance requirements.
- Act as primary point of contact with Customs and local affiliates to address any requests for audits and inspections.
- Assist the Singapore Manufacturing Plant with applications for special trade programs, supply chain security programs, import/export licenses and customs schemes.
- Focal point to the Singapore Manufacturing Plant on assigning local country tariff classifications, export control classification numbers, customs valuation and country of origin determination.
- Participate in special projects that focus on driving efficiencies and/or cost savings for the company.
- Conduct periodic post entry audit of sampled transactions for the Singapore Manufacturing Plant to verify the accuracy of trade compliance elements lodged with the local customs authorities and to identify compliance risks.
- Support and execute the enhancement of the customs broker management program at the Singapore Manufacturing Plant.
- Assists in developing and driving solutions/strategies to issues faced by the Singapore Manufacturing Plant and the necessary controls around any changes.
- Collates and helps analyze trade data/metrics from customs agents/brokers and reports to site management and Global Trade Compliance leadership.
- Interact with cross functional teams to help ensure compliance, facilitate customs clearance flow and increase awareness of key strategic developments in the GTC area.
- Degree in Supply Chain, Legal, Logistics with 3-5 years of working experience in trade compliance.
- Previous experience working in a customs agent/broker’s agency, multinational company, consulting firm, pharmaceuticals company or logistics service provider preferred.
- Broad functional knowledge of import and export regulations in Asia Pacific region.
- Knowledge and experience on Singapore Customs, TradeNet and Secured Trade Partnership (STP).
- Proactive, well organized and possess analytical skills.
- Technical knowledge related to classification and duty preference programs.
- Strong communication skills along with demonstrated teamwork attitude.
- Experience with global trade software platforms (i.e. SAP Global Trade Services).
- Report to Director of Global Trade Compliance.
- To be based in Tuas.