AbbVie Operations Singapore Pte Ltd
Senior Engineer - Maintenance
Job Nature : Perm
Position Level : Experienced
Qualification : Diploma,Bachelor's / Honours,Masters / PhD
- Reports to the Maintenance Manager.
- Support the Maintenance Manager in in preventive and break-down maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Develop SOPs and Work Instructions to technicians, train and develop their competence.
- Perform Risk Assessments and evaluate content of maintenance plans in CMMS including methods, maintenance frequencies, resources, spares and tools needed.
- Assist Maintenance Manager in ensuring adequate availability of spare parts.
- Supervise the maintenance personnel to ensure Safety, Quality of work, completeness and cGMP compliance and provide day to day support to operations for maintenance, troubleshooting and technical issues.
- Supervise and organize work done by external, specialist maintenance contractors.
- Determine material, equipment, tools and spare parts to be used for maintenance jobs.
- Act as one of the focal points to organize and assign maintenance work generated in CMMS and ensuring appropriate inputs to the system upon completion of activities. Review work orders and inputs.
- Coordinate maintenance activities & shutdowns with user groups and QA, where needed.
- Ensure timely response to issues such as breakdowns, changeovers and provide necessary support beyond normal working hours.
- Routinely inspect the plant to determine additional maintenance needs, inspect work for completeness upon completion of maintenance activities.
- Assist in conducting technical analysis on manufacturing equipment
- Actively lead implementation of CAPAs - troubleshooting, plant and equipment improvements
- Mentor and coach Maintenance Technicians.
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager
- A bachelor’s degree or a diploma in relevant engineering discipline (Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical)
- 10 years of relevant work experience in chemical / pharmaceutical / biotech facilities with a sound knowledge of cGMP
- Sound technical knowledge coupled with hands-on experience in maintenance of biotech / pharmaceutical / chemical processing equipment
- Strong knowledge of CMMS, Reliability and proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Project)
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to manage employees and external contractors
- Ability to plan, organize and implement activities and projects
- Excellent team player willing to work for the common goal
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership skills