Micron Semiconductor Asia
SENIOR SPECIALIST, EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
Job Nature : Perm
Position Level : Entry Level
Qualification : 'N' Levels / 'O' Levels,ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC,'A' Levels,Diploma,Bachelor's / Honours,Masters / PhD
Req. ID: 118741
- As an Employee Relations (ER) Senior Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting your HR counterparts to provide ER consultation on various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations. You will monitor, track, assess impact, review and ensure the local HR and leadership team’s understanding and compliance to local and international labor laws and regulations. Where required, you will partner with legal and other HR counterparts around the world to assess impact and risk to the company, and propose, plan and implement remedial or improvement action.
- You will consult and advise course of action on issues of employment law including harassment and discrimination, EEO, and performance management. You will respond to employee issues, conduct investigations, participate in the resolution process, escalate as required, and ensure appropriate and adequate communication and documentation is in place. You will actively manage employee relations related investigations and consultations through the global case management system. You will provide ER guidance to leaders when making sensitive workforce management and employment decisions and executing them.
- You will monitor and/or assist in separations, severance and restructuring activities to ensure compliance to the globally aligned separation and restructuring processes.
- You shall provide guidance and support in industrial relations (labor union relations), while keeping abreast with local trends, industry practices and government priorities, in accordance to our company’s corporate direction and activities. You are expected to participate in union interactions to build and encourage a harmonious, trusting and win-win relationship between labor union representatives and the company.
- You shall establish and maintain networks with country, regional and global ER counterparts and with Legal.
- You will review and analyze turnover metrics and related data to identify meaningful trends and risk areas, work with HR counterparts and business leaders to address issues and support employee retention and engagement programs.
- Additional responsibilities will include report development, data analysis, unemployment responses, employee advocacy, support development and instruction of EEO, Diversity and Inclusion related programs, Micron and RBA Code of Conduct compliance matters and audits, immigration compliance, HR compliance, government required reports, corporate activities, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in any discipline.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in Employee Relations or equivalent, preferably with unionized companies in Singapore. Regional and global Employee Relations experience is advantageous.
- Good understanding, appreciation and application of Singapore labor law and practices across the country, as well as global labor standards and issues.
- Good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, with a good command of written and spoken English. Additional language skills are advantageous.
Location: F10N - 1 North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || North East (SG-02) || Singapore (SG) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Human Resources || #LI-KL1 ||
Job Segment: Employee Relations, Compliance, Data Analyst, Performance Management, Human Resources, Legal, Data