R&D Software Engineer - Advanced
Job Nature : Perm
Position Level : Experienced
Qualification : 'N' Levels / 'O' Levels,ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC,'A' Levels,Diploma,Bachelor's / Honours,Masters / PhD
At Keysight, we help companies address their toughest challenges with precision and confidence. We offer the most precise electronic measurement tools in the industry, with advanced software to match. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to revolutionize electronic measurements and make a difference in the world.
Keysight Singapore Center of Excellence is expanding in the areas of next generation hardware and software used in electronic product design and test for customers around the world. We are looking for people with a desire to be at the leading edge of innovative test technologies and has passion for creating new innovations. In addition, you will have the opportunity to lead/participate in the development of projects in the area of cyber security, data analytic, test and measurement products.
With strong collaborations & partnerships with local universities here in Singapore, the center will attract top local graduates from computer science, artificial intelligence, systems programming and electrical/electronic/computer engineering schools.
- The successful candidate will work with the Keysight Design Engineering Software division, which is responsible for Keysight's portfolio in the Wireless Data Ecosystem, including wireless devices, operators, internet infrastructure and Aerospace & Defense. Our software-centric solutions accelerate our customers' time to market and reduce their costs - giving them a competitive advantage in today's and tomorrow's technology waves.
- Be part of the core R&D team, contributing to Keysight Signal Optimizer, and driving the measurement solution for high frequency and wide-band communication systems.
- Provide technical expertise in digital signal processing and application in modern communication systems, such as LTE/LTE-A and wireless LAN.
- Design and implement linear and non-linear signal processing methodologies.
- Design and implement DSP algorithms to demodulate and analyze signal with various impairments.
- Efficient implementation of sophisticated DSP algorithm.
- Be involved in the full software lifecycle of requirements capture, investigation, product definition, design, implement, test, production and maintenance.
- Work closely with the product support team to address customer escalations and propose action plan based on feedback.
- Work well with geographically dispersed teams across functional and group boundaries to take advantage of company solutions, expertise and IP to assist in the solution design and development.
- Work well with technical lead, project managers, marketing and order fulfilment in technical planning.
- Possess at least a Bachelor/Master/PhD Degree in Engineering, EE, CS, Physics, CE or related field; or equivalent experience
- Programming knowledge in C# and C++ is a must with other languages and scripting environments will be an advantage.
- Knowledge in DSP processing.
- Knowledge in modern communication systems (LTE/LTE-A and wireless LAN).
- Experience with the NPI process, agile software development processes, and software lifecycles.
- Proven ability to work across teams and geographies, gain alignment among teams, peers, partners, and management.
- Being able to work on flexible hours is important for success.
- He or she should have good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Knowledge in instrumentation, firsthand experience with Keysight signal analyzer, oscilloscope, signal generator and network analyzer is preferred.
- Knowledge of wireless communication measurements, spectrum analysis, communications standards is an advantage.