Micron Semiconductor Asia
GP - SENIOR FRONTEND CAPITAL CATEGORY SUPPLIER MANAGER
Job Nature : Perm
Position Level : Entry Level
Qualification : 'N' Levels / 'O' Levels,ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC,'A' Levels,Diploma,Bachelor's / Honours,Masters / PhD
Req. ID: 117984
As a Category Supplier Manager at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be the primary category point of contact for supplier interactions, performance management, and negotiations. In this role, you will partner with internal stakeholders to build comprehensive view of supplier performance for continued sourcing success. You will lead the development and implementation of category strategies and projects related but not limited to cost reduction initiatives, supply base optimization, and contract negotiation. This is accomplished through building and maintaining strategic supplier relationships to meet needs according to category strategies.
You will engage in supplier benchmarking analysis to formulate and lead and execute strategies to optimize cost, supply, and quality. Additional responsibilities include: Negotiating terms, conditions and pricing to leverage spend, leading and participating in department projects, serving as a primary contact for industry and supplier information, and acting as a mentor for other members in the organization.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Manage Supplier Relationship Globally
- Act as primary point of contact for assigned suppliers in category
- Perform commercial supplier qualification activities to ensure the commercial development of strategic suppliers
- Maintain collaborative relationships with supplier(s) while effectively resolving supplier performance/capability issues to ensure alignment with Micron’s strategic direction
Ensure suppliers comply with Micron’s code-of-conduct programs and corporate social responsibility initiatives
- Communicate key supplier management updates and decisions to multiple levels in the organization including Executive Leadership
- Enlist senior management, when appropriate, to help reinforce commitment and involvement from suppliers
- Provide the voice of the supply base to Micron and provide the voice of Micron to the supply base
Identify and Implement Supplier-Related Savings Levers
- Participate in supplier segmentation and strategic goal setting
- Provide market intelligence and category price trends to relevant internal stakeholders on a disciplined schedule
- Utilize should-cost models for assigned categories that are benchmarked and relevant to the global marketplace
Serve as the center of knowledge for assigned category and share knowledge with key stakeholders and members of the category teams to enable more effective planning, forecasting and execution
Drive Negotiations with Suppliers for Sustaining Purchases
- Lead or participate in negotiations for contract extensions and renewals, renegotiation of prices, transfers, etc.
- Incorporate savings targets and contract requirements into negotiations
- Develop a contract strategy for suppliers in assigned categories and create, negotiate, monitor and enforce contracted terms and conditions
Ensure Supplier Performance Management
- Partner with category team and sites to build comprehensive view of supplier performance
- Collect and relay site specific priorities to suppliers
- Own and manage overall Strategic Supplier relationships within the assigned categories
Collaborate internally to drive and develop key performance measures/metrics for Strategic Suppliers and monitor supplier performance against these expectations to ensure continuous supplier improvement
- Lead in organizing and delivering on strategic supplier events, such as Quarterly Business Reviews, Annual Supplier Evaluations, and Executive Review Meetings
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Professional Procurement Certification (ISM, APICS, other)
Able to work independently or with a cross functional team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in one or more of the following: Engineering, Purchasing/Procurement,
- Supplier/Partner Relations and Supply Chain
- Strong relationship skills / ability to “be the face of Micron”
- Negotiation training or experience
- Familiar with performance management techniques
- Experience working in a small team environment
- Experience working in a small team environment
- Experience working at executive levels both internally and externally
- Ability to travel internationally as needed
B.S./B.B.A. degree in Business, Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field.
M.S. or M.B.A. (preferred)
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Frontend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Materials/Purchasing || #LI-KL1 ||
Job Segment: Engineer, Supply Chain Manager, Manager, Supply, Procurement, Engineering, Operations, Management