Micron Semiconductor Asia
Fab10N Environmental Health Safety (EHS) Engineer
Job Nature : Perm
Position Level : Entry Level
Qualification : 'N' Levels / 'O' Levels,ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC,'A' Levels,Diploma,Bachelor's / Honours,Masters / PhD
Req. ID: 114621
The Environmental Health Safety (EHS) Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, and continually improving Micron’s safety and health programs and procedures to ensure personnel and plant wide Health and Safety. This individual is require to monitor and conduct EHS audits to identify level of implementation & effectiveness of EHS management system, identify & recommend measures/approaches to close gaps/improve the management system. He/she will also be liaising with external organizations on EHS compliance issues.
- Fulfill the roles of Workplace Health and Safety Officer.
- Implements Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) programs on site.
- Participates in monitoring and controlling safety standards in accordance with local regulations and code of practice.
- Lead and manage the deployment of Corporate programs independently.
- Develop EHS procedures including establishing safe work procedures to minimize foreseeable risk in the workplace.
- Analyzes data in compliance with current regulations and makes appropriate recommendations to prevent new or recurring accidents.
- Conducts trend analysis, audits, accident investigations and site inspections of operational procedures, facility design, equipment and materials.
- Makes recommendations for changes in the work environment based on interpretations and principles of professional practices
- Develops EHS related training material and conducts training based on training matrix.
- Evaluates new hazardous materials to ensure compliance in EHS requirements.
- Reviews new/current EHS related legislation and evaluates the impacts to organization.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interaction with other groups and departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, Industrial Hygiene, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years of working experience semiconductor or electronic industry
- Registered Workplace Safety and Health Officer (WHSO)
- Fire Safety Manager Cert, HAZMAT knowledge/experience is an advantage
- Self-motivated worker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess fluent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Good understanding of OHSAS 18001 and IOS 14001Management systems and knowledge of Audits process
- Able to work effectively, diplomatically, and calmly in emergency situations
Working Location :
1, North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
Hiring Manager :
Low Kum Wai
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || Frontend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Manufacturing/Production Operations || #LI-SING ||
Job Segment: Environmental Engineering, Semiconductor, Safety Engineer, Safety, Engineer, Engineering, Science, Service