Software Developer (Contract)
Job Nature : Intern,Temp
Position Level : Experienced
Qualification : 'N' Levels / 'O' Levels,ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC,'A' Levels,Diploma,Bachelor's / Honours,Masters / PhD
Keysight is the world's leading electronic measurement company, helping scientists and engineers address their toughest technical challenges with confidence through innovations in wireless, modular, and software solutions. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to deliver measurement solutions in wireless communications, aerospace and defense, and semiconductor markets with world-class platforms, software and consistent measurement science.
This job will be part of the Electronic Industrial Solutions Group, which provides test and measurement solutions across a broad set of electronic industrial end markets, focusing on high-growth applications in the automotive and energy industries, and measurement solutions for consumer electronics, education and manufacturing, as well as semiconductor parametric testing, nano-positioning metrology and material science. The group provides electronic design and test software, instruments, and systems used in the simulation, design, validation, manufacturing, installation and optimization of electronic equipment.
Software Developer – Data Analytics
At Keysight, we help companies address their toughest challenges with precision and confidence. We offer the most precise electronic measurement tools in the industry, with advanced software to match. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to revolutionize electronic measurements and make a difference in the world.
Keysight Singapore Center of Excellence is launching a new software development center in Singapore, chartered to create a new generation of software for electronic product design and test for customers around the world. With strong collaborations & partnerships with local universities here in Singapore, the center will attract top local graduates from computer science, artificial intelligence, systems programming and electrical/electronic/computer engineering schools.
You can join our mission to make a real difference through rapid solution development, turning measurement science IP into killer apps, on a hardware/OS agnostic, modern C++ foundation, delivered into an always-on, everywhere available, app store ecosystem.
Being part of the software development team, you will work in an AGILE team to turn innovative ideas into robust software, and solve complex design and implementation problems. You will also investigate new technologies and applications, and apply modern software engineering practices such as design reviews, code review, unit testing and usability testing.
- Be part of the taskforce to support and contribute to Keysight’s Industry 4.0 vision
- Gather and analyze user requirements for Big Data Analytics solution
- Solve complex design and implementation problems.
- Participate in Design Reviews, code review, unit testing development and reliability testing
- Deliver software code that is functional to design specifications
- Identify, diagnose, reproduce and troubleshoot software bugs
- Perform bug fixes quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure proper documentation
- Work with other team members to accomplish key development tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent field
- 3-5 years’ experience in software engineering work.
- Well-versed in modern techniques in object-oriented design, design patterns and Java
- Spark, HBase etc. and Docker experience is a must.
- Ability to demonstrate advanced software coding skills, a solid grasp of software architecture and evidences of sophisticated results produced.
- Possess good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Exposure / Experience in software development toolset (IDE, graphical and numerical libraries, performance and memory usage profilers etc.)
- Being versatile and a critical thinker
- Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data
- Experience supporting multiple platforms such as Linux, iOS, Android, Mac, Windows and Windows Phone is an added plus