SYSTEMS ON SILICON MANUFACTURING COMPANY (SSMC)
Senior Information Analyst/ Information Analyst (UNIX)
Job Nature : Perm
Position Level : Experienced
Qualification : 'N' Levels / 'O' Levels,ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC,'A' Levels,Diploma,Bachelor's / Honours,Masters / PhD
- Managed Mid Range Servers & SAN disk storage
- Responsible for supporting the daily operations of servers with Linux OS (RedHat, Suse, Debian), HP-UX and Solaris.
- Provide technical support for Internal IT department and customer projects e.g. generate detail system configuration for servers and storage and support MidRange servers & SAN setup
- Conduct proof of concept and solution evaluation.
- Ensure server security (e.g. hardening OS configuration) to meet IT security compliance (e.g. ISO 270001)
- Perform system capacity (e.g. CPU, memory, storage) planning to support business growth
- Responsible for critical MidRange system & SAN storage system uptime of >99%
- Maintaining system backup solution using EMC Legato together with SUN StorageTek L700
- Develop Unix/Linux system administration scripts written in C language or shell scripts (e.g. error log monitoring & notification scripts etc)
- Provide maintenance support including backup, patches deployment, system performance tuning, issue troubleshooting etc
- Participate and support regular Disaster Recovery (DR) exercise by performing the Midrange system recovery and identify, document and close the gaps in the recovery and ensure relevant DR documentations are updated regularly.
- Degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science/ Engineering or equivalent
- Obtained HP-UX, SUN Solaris, RedHat system administration certification an advantage
- Three or more years experience supporting Unix system.
- Experience with production grade Linux OS administration (Red Hat, Suse, Debian) an advantage
- Experience of storage configuration for Oracle would be an advantage
- Experience in configure interoperability solution between Unix/Linux and Windows (e.g. SAMBA)
- Experience in Semi-conductor industrial (IT support) is an advantage
- Proficient in C-programming, Perl or Unix shell scripts programming is a must
- Knowledge in IBM/HP blade based servers, as well as working under a support ticket tracking system (preferably Lotus Note) is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Willing to work on weekend occasionally
- Participate in the On Call rotation with other team members, as well as off-hours maintenance
- Strong customer service delivery attitude