Micron Semiconductor Asia
OCT BE - Cost Engineer
Job Nature : Perm
Position Level : Entry Level
Qualification : 'N' Levels / 'O' Levels,ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC,'A' Levels,Diploma,Bachelor's / Honours,Masters / PhD
Req Id: 89856
- As an Operations Central Team (OCT) Backend (BE) Cost Engineer at Micron Technology you will be a member of the worldwide manufacturing team responsible for driving cost reduction improvements throughout Micron Backend Operations.
- This position requires close partnership with manufacturing sites, peers, finance, and other backend team members.
Primary Work Reviews / Measure of Success / Performance Plan Metrics
- Global Backend Labor Productivity Program
- Includes leading matrix teams to drive results
- Setting and managing metric targets
- Work with global team members and sites in functional areas of Assembly, Test, Module/SSD for identification, implementation, and site to site sharing of Labor Productivity CIPs
- Drive alignment across mfg sites in the process
- Utilize skills/techniques such as ZBA (Zero Based Analysis) and VSM (Value Stream Mapping) and internal benchmarking to identify cost reduction CIPs. Our internal objective is to keep 18+ months of project roadmap always on-going
- Utilize data and business processes to make objective decisions
- Incorporate risk assessment on CIPs to mitigate risk to our products and customers as result of CIPs that change our process and/or equipment configuration (aka CCB use)
- Strong project/program experience and techniques
- Relentless focus on process improvements and cost reductions
- Analytical software such as Excel, Datanav, Tableau, Excel Services, etc.
- Independent, pro-active professional. This role will be empowered to own the activities as long as work review metric performances are met/exceeded
- Skilled at analyzing data and interpreting into actionable conclusions
- Flexible schedule to attend global meetings
- Able to travel internationally occasionally