Micron Semiconductor Asia
BACKEND CENTRAL FINANCE ANALYST
Job Nature : Perm
Position Level : Entry Level
Qualification : 'N' Levels / 'O' Levels,ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC,'A' Levels,Diploma,Bachelor's / Honours,Masters / PhD
Req. ID: 91111
As a Financial Analyst, you will provide effective operational finance support to the manufacturing operations. You will be responsible for performing month-end close activities for the operations, providing financial results and cost performance analysis to operations management, supporting quarterly forecasting activities and providing financial analysis and support to various operational initiatives and projects. You will also be expected to play an active role in developing and implementing new financial processes to meet changing business needs. Another important part of your role is to provide information and analysis to the leadership and global manufacturing team for decision making. You will partner with the various teams, such as the site and global teams in providing timely and insightful analysis and financial modeling. You are expected to work with other Finance teams, such as the central costing teams, Business Finance teams, and other site teams to seek alignment and perform consistent benchmarking across sites.
In your role, you must develop highly effective working relationships with operational managers, the global ops team and with other Micron manufacturing finance teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare, analyze and present analyses to support site operational decisions; to include quantitative analysis of cost vs. benefits of financial projects, NPV and ROI for capital spend, etc.
- Continuous review of financial analysis methods and tools; implement improvements as needed in order to improve the quality of analysis
- Understand and articulate financial concepts/analyses; attention to detail and be able to tailor the presentation/level of details appropriately
- Work closely with cross-functional team to deliver complete, concise, and consistent review of financial analysis and benchmarking
- On-going support of management information request and special projects as assigned
Planning and Reporting:
- Monthly review and analysis of actual reported process costs and comparison to plan
- Quarterly review and analysis of projected process costs and comparison to prior plan(s) and established goals and benchmarks
- Monthly review of reported cost to ensure consistent capture of data to enable internal and external benchmarking efforts
- Ongoing support of management information requests and special projects as assigned by management
- Ensure ongoing consistency and relevance of data that is made available to Manufacturing management
- Continuously work to improve the coordination and communication amongst the various site and global finance teams
- Support the business planning cycle through data analysis and participation in the budget process
Month end closing:
- Prepare and analyze monthly trend cost and cost per part fluctuation
- Support Sox compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Finance
- 2 to 5 years of Accounting or Finance experience
- Proficient in Excel; SAP experience an advantage
- Excellent communications skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to forge strong and effective working relationships across a variety of stakeholder groups
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Flexibility towards continually changing environment and reporting needs
- Continuously work to improve existing processes
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and business partnering skills
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Accounting/Finance || Not Applicable ||
Job Segment: Financial, ERP, Financial Analyst, Quantitative Analyst, Data Analyst, Finance, Technology, Data